Gunston Hall Plantation was the home and plantation of George Mason IV. Since being built in 1759, very few changes have been made to the mansion. The original mansion and school house are still located on the property, along with rebuilt slave quarters and a visitors' center. The grounds overlook the Potomac River and a gift shop is available. Gunston Hall Plantation is open from 9:30am to 4:30pm daily.