- Food trucks and fall festivities come together this weekend for a fundraiser at the Wolf Trap. The young professionals of Club 66 are hosting Wolf Trap Fall Fest: The Barn Party. The event will support the entertainment and educational programs at the center. Food truck vendors and craft beer will be available throughout the afternoon, along with live music, an open bar and silent auction. 21 and over. $66. 3:30 p.m. Saturday at 1635 Trap Road, Vienna.
- Get ready to give those celebrity dancers on TV a run for their money. The Workhouse Arts Center kicks off this fall’s Ballroom Social program. The evening begins with a mini-lesson of the American-style Tango, followed by the main event: an open dance. Refreshments and a cash bar will be available. Dress is casual. All skills welcome. $5 for the mini-lesson, 7:30 p.m. $10 for open dance, 8-10:30 p.m. Saturday at 9601 Ox Road, Lorton.
- The Cox Farms Fall Festival kicks off this weekend. The farm’s popular attractions include all the hayrides, giant slides, swings, animals and live music you’d expect, along with apples, cider and pumpkins. Ticket prices climb next weekend, so enjoy discounted rates while you can. $14. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 15621 Braddock Road, Centreville.
- The kids have been in school for a few weeks, but now it’s time for the parents to get a few lessons. Funville fair returns for a fourth year with parenting resources, including live entertainment, demonstrations, activities for kids and more. Hosted by Washington Parent. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Dulles Town Center, 21100 Dulles Town Circle.
- Oktoberfest isn’t just for lederhosen and steins — it’s also perfect weather to strut with your mutt. Barktoberfest: A “Purr”-fect Pet Celebration is a daylong festival that kicks off with the Mutt Strut fundraiser. The event supports Friends of Homeless Animals. There will be live music, games for kids and dogs, vendors, canine demonstrations and more. Mutt Strut, 9 a.m., price and registration details. Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., $5, free admission for children and dogs. Saturday. Loudoun County Fairgrounds. 17558 Dry Mill Road, Leesburg.