Enjoying that cool weather yet? Take a sweater with you this weekend - it's unpredictably chilly, romantic and perfect for photos!
1. The 2-0 South County Stallions play the Chantilly Chargers in Chantilly on Friday night. Game time is 7:30 p.m.
2. Events at the Workhouse Arts Center:
- The band “Sixth Generation” will play on Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Winnie the Pooh will be live onstage at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- It’s Oktoberfest this Sunday from 4-7 on the Workhouse quad
3. The 3rd Annual Lorton Fall Festival is on Sunday! The Merchants of Lorton Station Town Center on Sunday are featuring a magic show, a photo booth, pumpkin painting and prizes.
4. The official start for the Cox Farms Fall Festival isn’t here yet, but that shouldn’t stop you on Saturday and Sunday. The Preview Weekend includes all the hayrides, giant slides, swings, animals and live music you’d expect, along with apples, cider and pumpkins.
5. Supporters of programs at Wolf Trap can take the stage this weekend. The popular arts and entertainment venue will host the 2013 Wolf Trap Ball fundraiser on the stage at the Filene Center.
6. The music of Van Morrison and Bruce Springsteen combine for a unique event at Jammin Java in Vienna. The venue hosts Dream Discs, with live performances of every song from Morrison’s “Moondance” and Springsteen’s “The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle.”
7. The Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce is hosting the first Taste of Tysons, with 19 restaurants and even more vendors. There will be a kids area, as well as a beer and wine tent. More info. 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday at 8229 Boone Blvd., Vienna.
Have a great weekend!