Here we are in the last week of summer! Wow, the season just flew by. Here are some events going on this week in Lorton.
1. There’s a free skin cancer screening at Lorton Sentara Marketplace on Tuesday.
2. You can go on a plantation scavenger hunt every day this week at Gunston Hall, the former home of founding father George Mason. It costs $5 for children.
3. There’s a farmers’ market at the Workhouse Arts Center on Thursday, from 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
4. And speaking of the Workhouse, here are some more weekly events:
- The final three performances of “Fame - The Musical” are on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Tickets cost $20 and the curtain rises at 7:30 p.m.
- Celtic band OCEAN Orchestra is playing the final (and free) Mount Vernon Nights Summer Concert Series on the Workhouse quad on Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
5. Mason Neck State Park is hosting recreational events in honor of Labor Day, from Friday, Aug. 30 to Monday, Sept. 2.
6. This is the final week to enjoy the waterslides at Pirate’s Cove Waterpark at Pohick Bay Regional Park!
Have a great week!