Want to give your best friend a gift? It only costs $5 to take your dog for a dip at Pirate’s Cove Waterpark in Lorton on Sat., Sept. 7, 2013. It’s going to be a dog day at the park, and it’ll be the last time you’ll be able to venture into the cool waters of the park until Memorial Day!
Here are the rules of participation:
1. At least one adult human per dog, please. Absolutely no humans allowed in the water.
2. Each person must sign the Assumption of Risk and acknowledge the event Rules, before entering.
3. All dogs must have a current license and proof of rabies vaccination.
4. Be courteous to other guests and clean up your dog’s “accidents.”
5. Your dog may be released from their leash only upon entering the designated pool area.
6. Please do not trim your dog’s nails prior to attending the Dog Swim.
7. No children under the age of 16 are allowed without adult supervision.
8. Your dog must remain under your control at all times. If your dog is acting aggressively, you and your dog
may be escorted from the event.
9. Please be sure your dog has been exposed to swimming. Some dogs swim well, some don’t. If not, he/she may
become afraid or aggressive.
10. Please help your dog into and out of the pool.
11. Female dogs in season are not allowed.
12. No dogs with health conditions that may endanger themselves or others are allowed.
13. Outside food or drinks (pet or human) are not allowed in the pool area.