The Golf Club is used to the attention. In 2008, Golf Digest listed Laurel Hill as one of the Top 10 Best New Courses in America.
The course, designed by architect Bill Love and owned by the Fairfax County Park Authority, was formerly part of the Lorton Prison.
"Paying homage to the early architects of American golf, Love's objective was to let the natural beauty of the property dictate the character of the course," said the Club's website. "By all accounts he has succeeded with the golf press already describing the course with accolades like 'one-of-a-kind' and 'visually stunning'."
- In 2013, the Club will host the 2013 U.S. Amateur Public Links tournament
- USGA Women’s Amateur Public Links Qualifier site in 2008 and 2010
- USGA Amateur Public Links Qualifier site in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- VSGA Public Links Championship site in 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Ranked 13 in Golfweek’s 2011 roster of the Nation’s 50 Best Municipal Courses, announced annually in the magazine’s May edition.