.

Lorton Girl, 7, Burned by Gasoline Fire, Medevaced to Burn Center

Victim's injuries "life-threatening," according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

A 7-year-old Lorton girl received life-threatening injuries Saturday afternoon when she was burned in a gasoline fire in the garage of her family's home, according to Captain William Moreland of Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

The emergency call to 911 came at approximately 5 p.m. Saturday, Moreland said.

Due to her injuries, the child was medevaced by a Fairfax County medical helicopter from her home on the 10000 block of Old Colchester Road to the Burn Center at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, according to Moreland.

Moreland said he did not yet know exactly how the incident occurred. "I don't have all the details on that, to the actual action itself," he said.

Patch will update the story as more information becomes available.

Shanna Taylor October 24, 2012 at 03:36 PM
If anyone is able to help the Cox fammily with their costs, this link will take you to a site to donate, https://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/9070

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something