.

Discarded Match Sparks Accidental Lorton Townhouse Fire

The fire was reported at 8584 Enochs Drive.

Patch file photo.
Patch file photo.

A fire at a townhouse in Lorton Tuesday left $60,000 in damage, fire officials report.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to the fire at 9:10 a.m. Tuesday at the townhouse on 8584 Enochs Drive.

Firefighters found smoke coming from two floors of the three-story home, according to the fire department. They were quickly able to extinguish the fire.

“Firefighters performed extensive overhaul and salvage operations in the living room area,” fire officials report.

One person who was inside the home was able to escape unharmed. They are being helped by the Red Cross. No one was injured.

Fire investigators report that a match improperly thrown into a trash bin sparked the fire. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »