Here's a look at criminal activity in Lorton from Aug. 17-24, as reported by the Fairfax County Police Department.
Last week across Fairfax County, there were 35 domestic violence-related charges, 60 illegal drug-related charges and 66 DWI-related charges.
Here's a list of Lorton crime events from the West Springfield and Franconia Police District:
- At 3:15 a.m. on Aug. 19, police found a broken glass door at a building in the 9200 block of Lews Chapel Cricle.
- Cash was reported stolen from a residence in the 9900 block of Old Colchester Road (no incident date provided).
- A 24-year-old Lorton man living in the 7400 block of Larne Lane was arrested Aug. 17, for driving while intoxicated and for driving with a revoked license. The suspect was also charged on Aug. 5, with possession of marijuana.
- A 32-year-old Lorton man living in the 8700 block of Kanawha Court was arrested Aug. 17, for using profane/threatening language on the telephone.
- A 21-year-old Lorton man living in the 8900 block of Penfield Court was arrested Aug. 20, for assaulting a family member.
- A 19-year-old Lorton man living in the 8700 block of Flowering Dogwood Lane was arrested Aug. 20, for driving without a license.
- A 36-year-old Lorton man living in the 8900 block of Lagrange Street was arrested on Aug. 21, for leaving the scene of an accident.
This information was supplied by the Fairfax County police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Keep up with all things Lorton with the Lorton Patch email newsletter and breaking news alerts. Learn more here.