Easter is on its way — wondering where you can find a fun Easter egg hunt for the whole family in and around Northern Virginia?
Patch has tracked down a few in the region so you can plan ahead and make reservations if necessary. While Easter is Sunday, March 31, many Easter egg hunts are held on other days leading up to Easter.
If you know of another Easter egg hunt not listed here, send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll add it to the list!
- Lorton Area Easter Egg Hunts: Easter Egg Hunt at Pohick Bay Wednesday, March 27, Pohick Bay Regional Park, 6501 Pohick Bay Drive, Lorton; 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; for more information, call (703) 339-6104 Admission is $10, children ages 2-8 (parents/grandparents free!). Enjoy a fun filled spring morning with the Easter Bunny! Activities include crafts, games, refreshments, photos with the Easter Bunny and the egg hunt! Registration is limited to 100 kids. Don't forget to bring your basket for collecting eggs and came ra to take pictures with the Easter Bunny!
- Clifton Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, March 23
- Chantilly Area Easter Egg Hunts: Ticonderoga Farms Spring Easter Festival will host Easter egg hunts on weekends, beginning Saturday, continuing through April 7. Egg hunts feature candy and toy-filled eggs, including special "golden goose eggs" for a prize. Kids and adults can get on the slides, take a hayride, visit farm animals and roast marshmallows. Bring your camera for photo ops with the Easter Bunny. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the egg hunt and remember to bring your own basket or bag for collecting eggs. Baskets will be available for purchase. Ticonderoga requests the emptied eggs to be returned at the end your visit so they can re-use (recycle) them if you do not wish to take them home. Call (703) 327-4424 for information on admission prices.
Dates and times:
- March 9, 10, 16, 17: 12:30 p.m.
- March 23rd, 24th, 30, 31: 11 a.m., 2 p.m.
- April 6, 7: 12:30 p.m.
- Sully Historic Site Easter Egg Hunt, Chantilly, Saturday, March 16
Easter Egg Hunt 1-3 p.m. Children ages 2-7 can bring baskets and hunt for Easter eggs. Participate in an egg roll, visit baby animals and make an Easter craft. Reservations required. $5/child, adults free. Rain date 3/23. Phone: (703) 437-1794
- Bull Run Annual Easter Egg Hunt, Centreville: Tuesday, March 26, 10-11:30 a.m. Cost: $10 Reservation Required: Yes $10 per child and open to children ages 2 to 8. Parents and Grandparents are FREE! Don’t forget to bring your camera to take pictures with the Easter Bunny! Pay at arrival (Cash, MC, Visa or American Express). For reservations please e-mail email@example.com, or call (703) 631-0550.
- Kingstowne Area Easter Egg Hunts: Wednesday, March 27, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Cameron Run, 4001 Eisenhower Ave. Cost is $10 per child, ages 2 to 8; parents and non-hunting children admitted free, pay at arrival. Pre-register at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 960-0767 ext 100, limited space available. Extras: Free admission to Paradise Play and mini-golf, bring camera for pictures with Easter Bunny and Sunny the Shark.
- Top Golf of Alexandria, 6625 S. Van Dorn St., is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 23 from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Two Easter Egg Hunts
- Life-size Easter Bunny
- Moon Bounce
- Cotton Candy
- Snow Cones
- Face Painting
- Magic Show
- Bike Giveaway via drawing (one boy's, one girl's)
- Franconia United Methodist Church, is holding an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m., open to all, including a visit from the Easter Bunny. Registration for the hunt begins at 10, in four age categories. Hunt begins at 10:10 a.m. Bake sale too!
- Mount Vernon Area Easter Egg Hunts: Easter Egg Hunt at G.W. RECenter: George Washington RECenter will host an Easter egg Hunt Saturday, March 30 at 10 a.m. The hunt will be on the field behind the RECenter. There will be 2,000 candy-filled eggs hidden around the field. The cost is $3 per child. Age groups will be three years old and under, four to six years old, and seven years old and over. No pre-registration is required. Please bring a basket for collecting eggs. For questions, call 703-780-8894.
- Annandale Area Easter Egg Hunts: Dinosaur Egg Hunt at Hidden Oaks in Annandale: On Saturday, March 23, 3 to 7-year-olds enjoy a dinosaur-themed program and outdoor egg hunt while visiting dinoland in Nature Playce at Hidden Oaks Nature Center. Make a dino craft. Register online for one of three times: 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., 2 to 3 p.m. or 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. The cost is $6 per child. For details call (703) 941-1065.