Bring your friends, family, neighbors, spouse, significant other – anyone you can find – to the 2nd Saturday Art Walk and Mount Vernon Nights at the Workhouse! With the galleries and studios staying open late and a free concert on the Quad, Saturday is a great night to visit the Workhouse.
2nd Saturday Art Walk from 6-9pm showcases the diverse work of more than 100 visual artists in a unique historic venue, creating an atmosphere that encourages visitors to immerse themselves in the richness of this creative community.
Guests can tour seven unique studio buildings, mix and mingle with artists, buy original works of art, experience ever-changing exhibitions and meet featured artists, all while enjoying light refreshments and music. The social atmosphere of the monthly art walk makes it the perfect destination for a date night or girls’ night out, as well as for art collectors and art appreciation groups alike. These monthly events are also perfect for family art outings.
In the Vulcan Gallery, enjoy an exhibition reception introducing the new work of the Workhouse Associate Artists, and that of the group's featured artist of the month. This month’s exhibition in the McGuireWoods Gallery features the 2nd Annual Workhouse Clay National Exhibition. This exhibition represents the depth and breadth of contemporary functional and sculptural ceramic artworks being created throughout the country.
THIS WEEK AT THE WORKHOUSE
- 2nd Annual Workhouse Clay National Exhibition in the McGuireWoods Gallery, July 25 – August 26.
- Workhouse Associate Artists in the Vulcan Gallery, August 8 – September 2.
- August exhibitions in all seven studio buildings and the Vulcan Gallery.
- Workhouse Prison Museum in Building W-9.
- Workhouse Farmers Market Thursday 3:30–7pm on the Workhouse Quad.
- 2nd Saturday Art Walk Saturday 6-9pm campus wide.
- Mount Vernon Nights at the Workhouse features US Air Force Band “Airman of Note” (Big Band Jazz) Saturday at 7pm.
Stop by and visit us!
The Workhouse is open Wednesday – Saturday from 11am – 7pm and Sundays from 12 – 5pm. The Workhouse Prison Museum is open Wednesday – Friday from 12 – 3pm and Saturday – Sunday from 12 – 4pm. Visit www.WorkhouseArts.org for more information, to purchase tickets or to register for classes.
Director of Marketing
Workhouse Arts Center . . . Escape to Arts & Entertainment!