Have you ever wondered when the best time to visit the Workhouse Arts Center is?
2nd Saturday Art Walk is the best time to visit the Workhouse! This monthly event is a wonderful opportunity to meet our artists, stroll the galleries and enjoy opening art receptions in all 7 studio buildings and our main gallery building, as we stay open late to welcome you. 2nd Saturday showcases the diverse work of more than 100 visual artists in a unique historic venue, creating an atmosphere that encourages visitors to immerse themselves in the richness of this creative community.
Guests can tour seven unique studio buildings, mix and mingle with artists, buy original works of art, experience ever-changing exhibitions and meet featured artists, all while enjoying light refreshments and music. The social atmosphere of the monthly art walk makes it the perfect destination for a date night or girls' night out, as well as for art collectors and art appreciation groups alike. These monthly events are also perfect for family art outings.
If you have been to one or more of our 2nd Saturday Art Walks, please join the conversation and comment on this blog, and/or our Facebook page.
THIS WEEK AT THE WORKHOUSE
- Painting at the Workhouse exhibition in the McGuireWoods Gallery, June 29 – July 22.
- Workhouse Prison Museum in Building W-9.
- July exhibitions in all seven studio buildings and the Vulcan Gallery.
- Workhouse Farmers Market Thursday 3:30–7pm on the Workhouse Quad.
- 2nd Saturday Art Walk Saturday 6-9pm on the Workhouse Campus.
- Mount Vernon Nights at the Workhouse features The David Kitchen Band (Pop/Rock) Saturday at 7pm.
Stop by and visit us!
The Workhouse is open Wednesday – Saturday from 11am – 7pm and Sundays from 12 – 5pm. The Workhouse Prison Museum is open Wednesday – Friday from 12 – 3pm and Saturday – Sunday from 12 – 4pm. Visit www.WorkhouseArts.org for more information, to purchase tickets or to register for classes.
Director of Marketing
Workhouse Arts Center . . . Escape to Arts & Entertainment!