Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is proposing a 4 percent fare increase for FY 2014. If adopted, the higher fares would take effect the first week of July 2013.
The increases in the Lorton Line full fares are outlined here.
The Lorton Line reduced fares are outlined here.
VRE has scheduled seven public hearings in March to solicit comments. The hearings are:
- Burke - 7 p.m. Tues., March 5 at the Burke Centre Conservancy
"The Commons" Community Center 5701 Roberts Pkwy., Burke.
- Stafford - 7 p.m. Wed., March 6 at Stafford County Government Center Board Chambers 1300 Courthouse Rd., Stafford.
- Arlington - 12 p.m. Tues., March 19 at Crystal City Marriott 1999 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington.
- Woodbridge - 7 p.m. Wed., March 20 at PRTC Board Room, 2nd Floor
14700 Potomac Mills Rd., Woodbridge.
- Washington, DC - 12 p.m. Thurs., March 21 at Holiday Inn (L'Enfant)
Discovery 1 Ballroom 550 C. St. S.W. Washington, DC.
- Fredericksburg - 7 p.m. Wed., March 27 at Rappahannock Regional Library Theatre Room 1201 Caroline St., Fredericksburg.
- Manassas - 7 p.m. Thurs., March 28 at Manassas City Hall City Council Chamber Room 9027 Center St. Manassas.
Written comments will be accepted through Friday, April 5, via mail, email or fax:
- Mail to the attention of Anna Gotthardt 1500 King St., Suite 202, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to (703) 684-1313.
The public hearings are being conducted in locations accessible to persons with disabilities, VRE said. Any individual with a disability who requires special assistance, such as a sign language interpreter, should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Anna Gotthardt at (703) 684-1001 or TTY (703) 684-0551 at least ten business days prior to the public hearing in order to make the necessary arrangements.