The job market is tough these days, but there are jobs out there. Stick with your strengths and don't be afraid to put in the hours, though, and who knows how far you'll go.
Here's Patch's weekly listing of area jobs:
- A part-time caregiver is needed in Fairfax Station to assist a 130-pound 45-year-old disabled male with ALS. The ideal candidate must have dependable transportation, speak English and can work flexible hours. Click here for more.
- Hidden Oasis, 9013A Silverbrook Road in Fairfax Station, is looking for a new stylist. Hidden Oasis is an AVEDA Concept Salon , and preference will be given to an AVEDA trained, experienced professional. Click here for more.
- A nail technician is needed at a salon in Fairfax Station. The full-time position is available for someone willing to work weeknights to 9:00 p.m., and until 6:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sundays. The candidate must be proficient in manicures, pedicures and fel and acrylic applications. Click here for more.
- An experienced HTML programmer is needed to convert an employer e-newsletter into clean HTML code in Fairfax Station. The applicant should include any HTML experience in an introductory email. Click here for more.
- A general dentist office in Lorton is looking for a friendly and reliable full-time front desk receptionist. The ideal candidate must have some dental office experience, including working knowledge of common dental procedures and terminology, strong computer skills and experience with practice management software. Click here for more.
- Mr. Bult's Inc. in Lorton is looking for local drivers. Applicants should have two years experience in the waste hauling industry. Click here for more.
- Sears is looking for a full-time customer services representative. The ideal candidates must be able to work "different" shifts including weekends, and be familiar with Microsoft Office,Word, Excel, and should be a decent typer and posess good phone skills. Click here for more.
- The American Moving and Storage Association of Lorton is looking for a new recruiter to hire a strong team. The company is veteran owned and operated, and provided relocation and storage services to Washington, DC's elite clientele, transitioning DoD personnel, international corporations, and residential customers. Click here for more.
- A Carpenter's helper is needed in Lorton, and that person "must be dependable and strong," according to the ad. This is an outside, year round, full time Monday-Friday position, and the ideal candidate must have a driver's license and own transportation to/from work. Click here for more.
*This week's jobs were found on Craigslist.
Good luck on the hunt!