Lorton resident Mary Cox, 7, returned home to Lorton from Boston's Shriner's Hospital, where she was recovering from burns suffered Oct. 20 in a gasoline fire at her home in Lorton.
Mary was discharged from Shriner's Hospital for Children in Boston Monday and she returned home Tuesday.
"She's doing really well," said Jennifer Phelan, her aunt, in an e-mail to Patch. "She's had numerous skin grafts and all are healing nicely. She will continue her physical therapy and follow-up medical care here in the local area. She will return to school hopefully in the next few weeks."
Friends, family, neighbors and classmates from Mary's school, Gunston Elementary, donated funds on a Web site set up to help Mary's parents travel from Lorton to Boston and back to see her at Shriner's Hospital.
Mary will celebrate her 8th birthday on Dec. 11.