Welcome to Monday, Jan. 14, 2013! Here are some interesting things about today:
1. On this day in 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt became the first president to travel on an airplane. Roosevelt flew from Miami to Morocco to meet British Prime Minister Winston Churchill.
2. On Jan. 14, 1973, Elvis Presley's "Aloha From Hawaii" concert is broadcast via satellite and sets a record for the most-watched television broadcast, with an estimated 1 billion viewers across the world. The current record is held by the 2008 Summer Olympics, which was seen by 4.5 billion people worldwide.
3. Famous birthdays: American actress Faye Dunaway is 72; American director Lawrence Kasdan is 63; American rapper LL Cool J is 45 and American Actor Jason Bateman is 44.
4. The weather today will be rainy with a high temperature of 57, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be cloudy with a low temperature of 38.
5. Don't miss the Workhouse Arts Center's Education and Student Teacher exhibition, which runs until Jan. 20. The show features work from Workhouse teachers and their students from 2012.