Fairfax County residents living south of Little River Turnpike and I-495 should rake their leaves to the curb this weekend. "Area 8" collection starts Thursday, Nov. 29.
The county advises though that specific collection dates are difficult to project as they are affected by weather, rate of leaf-drop and various other factors.
The leaf collection program is for leaves only. (Leaves mixed with brush, rocks, tree trimmings, sticks or trash will be left behind, the county notes.)
- Place the leaves no further than four feet from the edge of the streetline.
- Please remove all debris from leaves prior to set-out.
- Leaves raked out after the last scheduled round of collection will not be picked-up.
- Do not block streets or pile leaves over storm drains or ditches.
- Do not block leaf piles with cars or any type of equipment that could limit our accessibility to the pile or create hazardous conditions.
- Do not park vehicles on piles of leaves — this is a fire hazard!
If you have other questions, please call the Trash/Leaf Collection Office. Customer Service is available Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. by calling 703-802-3322, TTY 711.