It’s Tuesday, Sept. 10. Here are five things you need to know. Tell us what we need to know on the Patch message board!
1. Today: There is a national moment of silence at 8:46 a.m. in remembrance of the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
2. You Said It: “I would hope that the neighborhoods around schools would show their support by allowing the logo on their streets. It is harmless and not offensive to anyone.” A comment regarding school logos that are being painted on streets in the Fairfax City area.
3. ICYMI: Like to eat out in Lorton? Here’s the latest restaurant inspection report.
4. Number of the Day: 8. The number of wheels you’ll find on roller derby participants at a battle between The Vineyard Vixens vs. The Beltway Betties on Sept. 14 at the Michael and Sons Sportsplex at Dulles. More info.
5. Today…in History: On Sept. 11, 2003, actor John Ritter died after complaining of chest pains on the set of his popular television series, 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter. Ritter was best known for his role as Jack Tripper in Three’s Company.Have a great day!