Invite a friend
National Weather Service Forecast Office Public House
Learn About the "Cool" Science of Weather!
Think you might want to be a meteorologist? Ever wonder how or where weather forecasts are created? Are you prepared for the types of severe weather we get in this region of the country?
Visit your local weather forecast office for a day of fun and learning! Bring the whole family!
- See a weather balloon launch
- Tour the forecast operations center
- Meet meteorologists
- Learn how forecasters track storms and issue warnings to keep the public safe
- Visit information booths and exhibits
- Do hands-on science experiments
- Participate in volunteer storm spotter training
Don't miss this rare opportunity to get a close-up view of the fascinating science behind weather forecasting.
|Where||43858 Weather Service Rd, Sterling, VA 20166|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||12:00 pm–5:00 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|