Date night combines ballroom social dancing with new culinary skills, all geared toward a fun and entertaining evening.
Dance the night away at Ballroom Social Dance!
Start your evening with Ballroom Social Dance. Get on your dancing shoes for a night of social ballroom dance led by Workhouse dance instructor Bobbi. You and your partner can learn some new moves with a Waltz mini-lesson at 7:30pm. Then take your new moves to the dance floor when open dancing begins at 8pm. Complimentary refreshments and a cash bar will be available in the gallery. There is no need to get fancy unless you feel like it—the dress code is casual. All skill levels are welcome--even if you have two left feet! Cost is $5/person for mini-lesson and $10/person for open dance.
Bring someone special and join us for an evening of cooking and fun!
These classes are designed to be fun, relaxing and an escape from the daily grind. They are great way to learn some basic cooking techniques while enjoying your family and friends. The menu items will be prepared by participants working together at each of the cooking islands. Participants will be served a tasting portion of all the entrées. We promise that no one will leave hungry! These classes are very popular and a great way to meet new friends. Register early! Every month you will prepare a new dish ranging from ethnic cuisines like Japanese, Thai and Spanish High Cuisine to Vegetarian and much more!
Dancing and cooking all wrapped into one great night!
Come early and get into the Date Night mood with the ballroom mini-lesson. After that lesson, move to Chef’s Table and learn some new culinary skills with your date. At 10pm, head upstairs to the social dance to spin and twirl the night away!
Have you been to Ballroom Social Dance or Chef’s Table? Please add your comments to this blog! We love to hear from our audience!
THIS WEEK AT THE WORKHOUSE
- 30X30: 30 Works in 30 Days, November 23-December 30 in the McGuireWoods Gallery.
- Crystal Rodrigue: Drift, November 23-December 30 in the McGuireWoods Gallery.
- A Magical Christmas Children’s Theatre in W-3 Theatre, December 15 at 1pm.
- Date Night: Ballroom Social Dance, December 15 at 7:30pm, McGuireWoods Gallery.
- Date Night: Chef’s Table, December 15 at 8pm, Workhouse Café.
- Workhouse Associate Artists December 5-January 2, Vulcan Gallery.
- December exhibitions in all seven studio buildings, Vulcan Gallery.
- Workhouse Prison Museum in Building W-9.
- Workhouse Farmers Market every Thursday 3-6pm on the Workhouse Quad.
Stop by and visit us!
The Workhouse is open Wednesday – Saturday from 11am – 7pm and Sundays from 12 – 5pm. The Workhouse Prison Museum is open Wednesday – Friday from 12 – 3pm and Saturday – Sunday from 12 – 4pm. Visit www.WorkhouseArts.org for more information, to purchase tickets or to register for classes.
Director of Marketing
Workhouse Arts Center . . . Escape to Arts & Entertainment!