Youth Arts Celebration at the Workhouse Arts Center Saturday
Bring your shades. We hear it's going to be sunny and around 80 degrees.
The Workhouse Arts Center, in cooperation with the Occoquan Regional Park and the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, is hosting its annual Youth Arts Celebration Saturday. The full day of activities celebrates the diversity of the cultural arts in Northern Virginia with dancing, art and food.
THe Workhouse campus will be alive with demonstrations from artist members, and their studios will be open for a closer look. Scheduled demos will feature works with fiber, clay and glass.
- 11:15 a.m. - Natananjali School of Dance
- Noon - Fraternidad Cultural Pachamama
- 12:45 p.m. - International Dance School
- 1:30 p.m. - Metropolitan Youth Tap Ensemble
- 2:15 p.m. - Nritya Niketan
- 3 p.m. - Matices Peruvian Folklore Dance School
- 3:45 p.m. - Kalavaridhi
- 4:30 p.m. - Nepal Dance School
- 5 - 7:15 p.m. - Indian/Nepalese Bazaar and Indian Food Demonstration
- 7:30 p.m. - Screening of the Bollywood film classic "Om Shanti Om" in the W-3 Theatre. Tickets for film screening are $10.
This event is free but there is a $5 suggested donation.
Free shuttle bus service will be available between Occoquan Regional Park and the Workhouse Arts Center.