Washington Redskins Recap: Was an Injured RGIII In the Game Too Long?
SPEAK OUT: Should the coach have taken Redskins' quarterback out of the game sooner?
The talk after the Washington Redskins' tough loss Sunday in its playoff game with the Seattle Seahawks at FedEx Field: RGIII's injured knee.
Star rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III played hurt and went down with an injured knee in the fourth quarter.
On Twitter, the debate was fast and furious about when RGIII should have exited the game. Here's a roundup of what some were saying:
- Sports Illustrated: Dr. James Andrew claims he never cleared RGIII to play after injury, contrary to what Mike Shanahan said.
- USA Today: Bell: RGIII shows he is human after all.
- Dave Softly Mahler (Sports Radio 950AM): Huge respect for RGIII. Dude is a warrior. Sensational athlete and person.
- Sports Nation: Speedy recovery to @RGIII. He made this season awesome.
- Chris Mortensen @mortreport: (ESPN senior NFL analyst): I can't say @RGIII never should have been out there. Let's wait for a few more facts. One fact: FedEx field conditions are terrible.
What do you think? Do you think the coach should have pulled RGIII out of the game sooner?