View Lorton, 11/30 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Nov. 28 from the Franconia and West Springfield police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Sexual Assault (blue on map), 5:35 p.m., 11/21/12, 9400 block of Richmond Highway, An 18-year-old victim reported she was walking home when someone grabbed her buttocks from behind. He fled when she turned to look at him. He was described as Hispanic, approximately 20-40 years old and 5’6” to 5’8” tall. This is not believed to be linked to the “Springfield Area Assaults.”
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Larcenies (red on map):
- Fairfax County Parkway/John J. Kingman Road - cell phone from business
- 8100 block of Halley Court - wallet from vehicle
- 8600 block of Oak Chase Circle - purse from vehicle
- 8900 block of Ox Road - jewelry from business
- Royal Robin Lane/Silverbrook Road - cell phone from residence
- 7500 block of Tralee Woods Court - cell phone from residence
- 7900 block of Twist Lane - catalytic converter from vehicle
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Lorton and Fairfax Station-Area Arrests: Malicious Wounding, DWI and a False ID
- Police: Fire Department Responds to False Fire Report, Officers Charge Lorton Woman with DWI
- Possible 24th Report Made in Series of Springfield Assaults, Police Say
- Serial Groper Attacks for the 23rd Time, Hours Before Police Meeting Thursday Night
- Police Still in Search of Suspect in Serial Groping Incidents