View Lorton 12/7 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 5 from the Franconia and West Springfield police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Sexual Assault (blue on map), 7 p.m., 12/1/12, Lorton Road/Tea Table Drive, A 16-year-old girl was walking home when she was grabbed by an unknown man. He touched her inappropriately and fled. She was not injured.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Assault (red on map), 11:20 a.m., 11/30/12, 8900 block of Lorton Station Boulevard, A bus driver allowed a man to ride free to doctor’s appointment because the man did not have exact change. The man reached his destination and argued with the driver. The man spit on the driver, punched him and fled. The driver was treated for minor injuries.
Burglary (green on map), 5:30 p.m., 12/3/12, 9600 block of Potters Hill Circle, A resident reported someone entered the home and stole a gaming system. Entry was made through an unsecured door.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 8100 block of McCauley Way - cell phone and jewelry from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Lorton Arrests: Assaulting a Family Member, Driving Without a License and Failing to Appear in Court
- Alleged Strangulation, Malicious Bodily Injury and Assault in Fairfax Station and Lorton
- Alleged Strangulation, Assault and Owning an Unlicensed Dog in Fairfax Station and Lorton
- A 'Copycat' Serial Groper, Carnal Knowledge of a Minor and Arrests in Lorton and Fairfax Station
- Police: Fire Department Responds to False Fire Report, Officers Charge Lorton Woman with DWI