The above map contains addresses based on block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items came from recent police updates through Sept. 21 from the Franconia and West Springfield police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Destruction (marked in purple on above map), 9500 block of Richmond Highway, 9/19/12, 9:20 a.m. The owner of a convenience store called police when he arrived at work and realized someone had entered the business, destroyed the interior and stole cash. Entry was made through an unlocked attic window.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Burglary (marked in green on above map), 6500 block of Pohick Bay Drive, 9/16/12, 12:45 a.m. An employee at Pohick Bay Regional Park making rounds called when he found an open gate. A cash register drawer was stolen. Forced entry was made through a side door.
Larceny (marked in blue on above map)
- 9900 block of Richmond Highway - stereo from vehicle
- 8484 block of Magic Tree Court - license plate from vehicle
- 9700 block of Ox Road - purse from vehicles
- 8300 block of Royal Tern Way - purse from vehicle
- 8400 block of Sego Lily Court - laptop computer and backpack from vehicle
- 8300 block of Southern Oaks Court - tools and GPS from vehicle
Vehicle Thefts (marked in red on above map)
- 8300 block of Terra Grande Avenue - Dodge Caravan
See More on Patch
- Franconia District Commander: No Groper Incident in Springfield Since Community Meeting
- Police Release Video of Potential Serial Groper Suspect
- Police: Fire Department Responds to False Fire Report, Officers Charge Lorton Woman with DWI
- Possible 24th Report Made in Series of Springfield Assaults, Police Say
- Police Arrest Two Suspects in Springfield Area Vehicle Shootings