Police Blotter: Stolen Cash and Driving Without a License
Lorton's week in crime.
Here's a look at criminal activity in Lorton from Aug. 30-Sept. 5, as reported by the Fairfax County Police Department.
Last week across Fairfax County, there were 27 domestic violence-related charges, 70 illegal drug-related charges and 79 DWI-related charges.
- A resident of the 7600 block of Fallswood Way in Lorton, reported that at 11:30 p.m., she saw a stranger inside of her home. Entry was made via an unlocked rear door, and the suspect was seen running off the back deck. No one was injured.
- Cash was reported stolen at 7:15 a.m. on Sept. 5, from a business in the 9000 block of Lorton Station Boulevard. Entry was made via a broken window.
- A Social Security card and credit card were stolen from a residence in the 9000 block of Harrover Place.
- A cell phone was stolen from a residence in the 9000 block of Lorton Station Boulevard.
- A wallet was stolen from a vehicle in the 6800 block of Tiddle Way.
Arrests (names withheld)
- A 46-year old Lorton man living in the 8100 block of McCauley Way was arrested on Sept. 4 for loud and unnecessary noise.
- A 37-year-old Lorton man living in the 8800 block of Hagel Circle was arrested on Sept. 3 for driving without a license.
- A 19-year-old Lorton man living in the 9800 block of Hagel Circle was arrested on Aug. 29 for driving without a license.
- A 38-year-old Lorton woman living in the 8500 block of Barrow Furnace Lane was arrested on Sept. 4 for driving without a license.
This information was supplied by the police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.