Think you're hot? Try living a dog's life. The following are some tips courtesy of the ASPCA:
- Keep plenty of fresh, clean water available for your pets
- Don't over-exercise your pets
- Overheating symptoms include excessive panting, drooling, seizures and collapse.
- Animals with flat faces are in greater danger, and should be kept in an air-conditioned place
- Never leave your pet in a parked vehicle
- Don't leave a pet unsupervised in or by a pool. Not all dogs are good swimmers.
- Give your pet a summer haircut, which can make them much cooler.
Be safe, and stay cool out there!
Looking for places to cool off in Lorton? We've got you covered.