Thursday afternoon, Patch live-blogged a conference call with U.S. Rep. Jim Moran (D-8) and Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) following the release of the Department of Defense Inspector General’s report examining the Army’s Transportation Plan for the BRAC #133 move to the Mark Center site.
A transcript of the live blog is above.
The IG report revealed the Army used flawed traffic data to project the traffic impact of moving 6,400 people to the Mark Center at the intersection of I-395 and Seminary Road in Alexandria.
Earlier this year, Patch spoke with Rep. Moran about the Mark Center/BRAC-133 project.
See more of Patch's coverage of the Mark Center and BRAC here.
See More on Patch
- Lorton's Workhouse Arts Center "Challenged By Financial Model" says President and CEO John Mason
- 'Prepare for the Worst': Fairfax County Executive Ed Long on Sequestration
- Virginia Snow Storm 2013: Lorton Weather, Closings, Traffic
- Sequestration May Impact Meadowood Barn Renovation
- McAuliffe Praises Transportation Compromise, Blasts Cuccinelli in Arlington