Five Things to Know Today, Sept. 24, 2012
Read this and have something else to talk about on your coffee break.
Welcome to Monday, Sept. 24! Here are five interesting things about today:
- There are 98 days remaining until the end of the year. How are those New Year resolutions coming along?
- On this day in 1957, U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower enforced desegregation by sending the 101st Airborne Division to Central High School in Little Rock, Ark.
- Famous birthdays: American writer F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896-1940); American television anchor Lou Dobbs (b. 1946); Canadian actress Nia Vardalos (b. 1962) and American gymnastic twins Morgan and Paul Hamm (b. 1982).
- The 8-3 South County Stallions Field Hockey team faces Oakton at home today. Gametime is 7:30 p.m.
- Keep a light jacket handy. The weather will be near perfect today, with a high near 70 degrees. The evening will be clear, with a low temperature of about 45 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
Have a great day!!