Five Things to Know About Feb. 4
What will you do/see/think about today?
Welcome to Monday, Feb. 4, 2013! Here are some interesting facts about today:
1. On this day in 1789, George Washington was unanimously elected the first President of the United States by the Electoral College. He served two terms and left office of his own accord, an act that compelled Britain's King George to call Washington the greatest man in the world.
2. Got an addiction to "liking" things? On Feb. 4, 2004, Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook.
3. Famous birthdays: Former Vice President Dan Quayle is 66, American musician Alice Cooper is 65 and Mexican-American boxer Oscar De La Hoya is 40.
4. The weather today will be cloudy with a high of 36, according to the National Weather Service. The evening will be snowy (60 percent chance) and with a low temperature of about 31 degrees. Less than an inch of snow is expected.
5. Patch is looking out for you on this one. Valentine's Day is Feb. 14, and you might want to do things right. Here's a listing of Valentine's events at the Workhouse Arts Center from now until the big day.
Have an awesome day!