Police Blotter: Burglaries and Marijuana Possession Arrests
Lorton's weekly crime report and arrest list.
Here's a look at criminal activity in Lorton from Aug. 24-29, as reported by the Fairfax County Police Department.
Last week across Fairfax County, there were 43 domestic violence-related charges, 71 illegal drug-related charges and 72 DWI-related charges.
Here's a list of Lorton crime events from the West Springfield and Franconia Police District:
- Derrick L. Royster, a 43-year-old resident of Washington, D.C., was arrested for Thursday's burglary of a home in the 9200 block of Lee Masey Drive in Lorton. Royster was arrested a few blocks from the home shortly after 11:30 a.m. and charged with breaking and entering and grand larceny. Click here for more on this story.
- Jewelry and electronic equipment were stolen from a home in the 7800 block of Seafarer Way. The incident was reported by a resident on Aug. 27, at 3:15 p.m. Forced entry was made through a rear window.
- A 26-year-old Lorton man living in the 6900 block of Hamilton Court was arrested for filing a false police report and attempting to obtain money under false pretenses.
- A 23-year-old Lorton man living in the 7200 block of Linden Hill Circle was arrested on Aug. 23 for petit larceny.
- A 32-year-old Lorton man living in the 8770 block of Kahawha Court was arrested on Aug. 23 for using profane and threatening language over the telephone.
- A 19-year-old Lorton man living in the 7800 block of Lambkin Court was arrested on Aug. 23 for possession of marijuana.
- A 19-year-old Lorton man living in the 8400 block of Indian Paintbrush Way was arrested on Aug. 25 for possession of marijuana and public intoxication.
- A 41-year-old Lorton man living int he 9900 block of East Hill Drive was arrested on Aug. 25 for owning an unlicensed dog.
- A 22-year-old Lorton man living in the 9800 block of Hagel Circle was arrested on Aug. 22 for possession of marijuana.
This information was supplied by the Fairfax County police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Keep up with all things Lorton with the Lorton Patch email newsletter and breaking news alerts. Learn more here.